Snowfall is a global technology company on a mission to revolutionise the travel industry.
Having spent over 15 years delivering market-leading tech solutions for travel operators worldwide, we understand the limitations that legacy technology places on the future of the travel industry.
That’s why we’ve created Junction - a single, multimodal travel operating system that unifies the travel ecosystem, empowers travellers, and drives value for providers and resellers.
We are looking for an experienced Java developer to join our growing and fast paced team to work within our back-end code base. If you would like to be a part of a team making true change and having a high impact, then we would love to hear from you.
Your Journey – Your Way
Build and scale high performance back-end systems, primarily using the Java programming language and ecosystem.
- Troubleshoot issues in and improve functionality of existing systems.
- Integrate user-facing elements developed by mobile and web teams. Work with 3rd party data sources and APIs (systems integration).
- Embed security and data protection.
- Actively collaborate with a cross-functional team working with product owners, UI/UX designers, other back-end developers, app developers, and QA at various stages of the development process.
- Develop appropriate tests to support code and ensure test automation and code quality and security.
- Conduct unit testing on your code and conduct code reviews.
- Based on the project needs and end goals, proactively suggest improvements to architecture and technologies for maximizing development efficiency.
- You will also be expected to keep your skills up to date by following advancements in the field and researching new and innovative technologies and techniques.
What we're looking for:
- In-depth knowledge of modern software design patterns.
- 3 years+ experience coding in Java
- 5 years+ experience in the software development industry
- Some familiarization with our tech stack - Java, PostgreSQL, Redis, ActiveMQ, HAProxy, AWS
- Ability to design elegant and efficient JSON REST APIs for given use cases (using OpenAPI standard and toolchain), and integration with SOAP APIs is a plus.
- Solid knowledge of common algorithms, data structures, OOP (patterns and specific Java implementations).
- Understanding of CI/CD development practice and tools, experience writing Integration and Unit tests in Java.
- Experience with relational & non-relational databases, for high-performance systems.
- Good knowledge of Agile principles and experience with some popular issue tracking tool (for example Jira).
- Ability to communicate effectively to a variety of audiences including both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Previous experience in the travel industry is a plus (especially GDS systems)
- Ability to commute into the your local office when required. There is flexibility to work remotely on a hybrid schedule but we believe in-person collaboration is key for a successful team!
- Good communication skills and fluent English
What’s on offer:
- The opportunity to work on a truly unique offering, a first-in-market product, as well as providing bespoke solutions to an elite client base.
- We use the best technologies and equipment and frequently update these to stay at an advantage.
- An exceptional, international culture – we invest in our employee’s personal and professional development, we’re incredibly passionate about what we’re building and we go the extra mile to support our colleagues and customers.