Snowfall is a global technology company on a mission to revolutionise the travel industry.
Having spent over 15 years delivering market-leading tech solutions for travel operators worldwide, we understand the limitations that legacy technology places on the future of the travel industry.
That’s why we’ve created Junction - a single, multimodal travel operating system that unifies the travel ecosystem, empowers travellers, and drives value for providers and resellers.
If you would like to be a part of making true change and high impact, then we would love to hear from you.
Your Journey – Your Way
Responsibilities & Deliverables:
- Architect high performance and scalable systems in cloud native environment, combining state-of-the-art services available from major cloud providers with Snowfall's microservices (built mostly in Python and running in container-orchestrated environment)
- Explore possible technical solutions to common use cases and challenges in such systems (high performance, cost control, low latency, resilience, disaster recovery, observability, ..) and help advance Snowfall systems, always considering trade-offs involved
- Troubleshoot issues and improve functionality of existing systems
- Make sure security and data protection are embedded in development processes, and automation practices
- Actively collaborate with cross-functional teams working with product owners, UI/UX designers, Ops engineers, backend & frontend developers, and QA at various stages of the development process - taking ownership of overall technical landscape of the system, and coordinating pieces of work as needed
- Based on the project needs and end goals, proactively suggest improvements to architecture and technologies for maximizing development efficiency and improving product quality
What we're looking for:
- Several years of hands-on software development experience, writing clean and performant code and maintaining and evolving systems in multi-user environments
- In-depth knowledge of modern software design patterns
- Ability to design elegant and efficient JSON REST APIs for given use cases (using OpenAPI standard and toolchain)
- Good understanding of (and significant experience in) distributed computing patterns and principles
- Solid knowledge of common algorithms, data structures, OOP and FP
- Understanding of CI/CD development practice and tools
- Security awareness and security-oriented mindset
- Good knowledge of Agile principles and experience with popular issue tracking tools
- Problem solving mentality
- Ability to communicate effectively to a variety of audiences including both technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Proactive doer attitude, taking leadership as needed to clarify vision and align the team
- Knowledge and experience in the travel tech industry (nice to have)
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Computer Science, or equivalent experience
- Relevant industry certifications (AWS, GCP or Azure Cloud Architect certification, AWS preferred)
- Fluency in English both written and oral
- London, Manchester , Leeds, Yerevan
- Remote status
- Hybrid Remote
Working at Snowfall
We’re building a world-class team to continue our growth journey; we’re looking for people who challenge the status quo and are passionate about making an impact.
We believe that when it comes to travel, there’s a better, faster and easier way. Where every journey is fluid and simple, and where movement is powered by innovative, elegant technology, leaving us free to travel on our own terms.
Loading application form
Already working at Snowfall?
Let’s recruit together and find your next colleague.