Senior Back-End Developer
We usually respond within three days
At Snowfall, we’re on a mission to disrupt the travel industry.
We’re a global travel tech business with an exceptional network and unparalleled industry knowledge. We work with industry giants in aviation, marine, ground (and underground) transport to produce bespoke, innovative software solutions as well as developing our own market leading product - Junction.
Junction is a multimodal travel operating platform connecting all travel Providers, Resellers and Partners in one simple setting. You can learn more about how Junction is revolutionizing travel at https://snowfalltravel.com/junction
We are a fast-paced, high-growth startup and pride ourselves on an incredible culture that transcends to our employees all around the globe. We’re building a world-class team to continue our growth journey; we’re looking for people who challenge the status quo and are passionate about making an impact.
About the role
- Build and scale high performance back-end systems, primarily using the Python programming language and ecosystem.
- Troubleshoot issues in and improve functionality of existing systems.
- Integrate user-facing elements developed by mobile and web teams. Work with 3rd party data sources and APIs (systems integration).
- Embed security and data protection.
- Actively collaborate with a cross-functional team working with product owners, UI/UX designers, other back-end developers, app developers, and QA at various stages of the development process.
- Develop appropriate tests to support code and ensure test automation and code quality and security.
- Conduct unit testing on your code and conduct code reviews.
- Based on the project needs and end goals, proactively suggest improvements to architecture and technologies for maximizing development efficiency.
- You will also be expected to keep your skills up to date by following advancements in the field and researching new and innovative technologies and techniques.
What we're looking for:
- Solid knowledge of Python web frameworks (Flask, Django, FastAPI or such).
- In-depth knowledge of modern software design patterns.
- Ability to design elegant and efficient JSON REST APIs for given use cases (using OpenAPI standard and toolchain).
- Solid knowledge of common algorithms, data structures, OOP (patterns and specific python implementations).
- Understanding of CI/CD development practice and tools, experience writing Integration and Unit tests in Python.
- Good knowledge of Agile principles and experience with some popular issue tracking tool (for example Jira).
- Ability to communicate effectively to a variety of audiences including both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Ability to commute into the downtown Austin office one or two days a week. There is flexibility to work remotely on a hybrid schedule but we believe in-person collaboration is key for a successful team!
What’s on offer:
- The opportunity to work on a truly unique offering, a first-in-market product, as well as providing bespoke solutions to an elite client base.
- We use the best technologies and equipment and frequently update these to stay at an advantage.
- An exceptional, international culture – we invest in our employee’s personal and professional development, we’re incredibly passionate about what we’re building and we go the extra mile to support our colleagues and customers.
- Competitive salaries and benefits in the Austin marketplace
Working at Snowfall
We’re building a world-class team to continue our growth journey; we’re looking for people who challenge the status quo and are passionate about making an impact.
We believe that when it comes to travel, there’s a better, faster and easier way. Where every journey is fluid and simple, and where movement is powered by innovative, elegant technology, leaving us free to travel on our own terms.
Senior Back-End Developer
Loading application form