What you’ll be doing:
The QA Lead will be responsible for setting up our QA capabilities, setting up processes and procedures to steer our QA strategy for future success. Driving automation and best QA practices, you will develop and grow the QA function and be key in our growth journey! This will be a 50/50 hands on role, where you will remain technical with testing, as well as setting up processes and ways of working to take the testing capability to the next level.
This role is ideal for someone who has working already as a QA Lead and looking for more autonomy and ownership to shape the delivery of the testing capability, or for a Senior QA Engineer who is looking to grow into a lead role.
Some of the role responsibilities as QA Lead will include:
- To effectively convert Snowfall’s management decisions through managing, leading, coordinating and developing the QA department
- To be responsible for all QA efforts within Snowfall and drive the technical standards, documentation and output quality of the department
- To ensure that all QA activity is well sounded in Snowfall’s overall strategy and guided by commercial decisions and rationale
- To participate in client and customer interactions and play an important role in the new business development process of the company
- To lead and develop ways of working, processes, routines and approaches of the QA department while remaining fast, flexible and agile
- To lead the department so that current competency and resources are being fully utilized, acting as the resources manager for developing resources
- To review and assess the need for additional testing resources and capabilities and support related recruitment processes
- To ensure a great collaboration environment between the QA department and other departments, especially Operations
- To ensure that the employees of the department are led, managed, coached and developed in a great way and according HR directions
- To be continuously flexible regarding job description and direction related to Snowfall’s ongoing development
What you will have:
- Proven experience with software development
- Ideally experience as a QA Lead / Test Lead, driving quality, creating test and testing systems and setting up test capability, process and procedures or a Senior QA Engineer who has had some exposure working to set up test strategy.
- Experience with automated testing (Selenium or similar) - This role will be a 50/50 hands on position.
- Understanding of python, java or golang
- Great team player and able to work efficiently with minimal supervision
- Proven experience coaching and mentoring team members and demonstrable leadership qualities
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
At Snowfall, we’re on a mission to disrupt the travel industry.
We’re a global travel tech SaaS organisation with an exceptional network and unparalleled industry knowledge. We work with industry giants in aviation, marine and ground transport to produce bespoke, innovative software solutions as well as developing our own market leading products. Our success derives from placing our customers at the heart of everything we do, being able to solve complex problems and constantly evolving to stay ahead of the curve.
We’re fast-paced, high-growth and pride ourselves on an incredible culture that transcends to our employees all over the globe. We’re building a world-class team to continue our growth journey; we’re looking for people who challenge the status quo and are passionate about making an impact both as an individual and together as a business.
What’s on Offer:
- The opportunity to work on a truly unique offering, a first-in-market product as well as providing bespoke solutions to an elite client base
- Join a growing company with massive potential for development opportunities
- We use the best technology and equipment and frequently update these to stay at an advantage
- Competitive salary and great benefits package!
- An exceptional, truly global culture – we invest in our employee’s personal and professional development, we’re incredibly passionate about what we’re building and we go the extra mile to support our colleagues and customers
- Our people are at the heart of our company, and we like to have fun whilst we work, everyone is keen to help out.
- You will have lots of travel opportunities!