Who We Are
At Snowfall, we’re on a mission to disrupt the travel industry.
We’re a global travel tech SaaS organization with an exceptional network and unparalleled industry knowledge. We work with industry giants in aviation, marine, and ground transport to produce bespoke, innovative software solutions as well as developing our own market leading products.
Our success derives from placing our customers at the heart of everything we do, being able to solve complex problems, and constantly evolving to stay ahead of the curve.
We’re a fast-paced, high-growth company and pride ourselves on an incredible culture that transcends to our employees all over the globe. We’re building a world-class team to continue our growth journey; we’re looking for people who challenge the status quo and are passionate about making an impact both as an individual and together as a business.
This is just the beginning. Be a part of the story.
Role and Responsibilities
Our ideal Backend Developer is self-motivated, has a hands-on attitude to work, loves coding, is passionate about their work and their teams work, and wants to continuously progress their skill set. They must be comfortable working in a virtual work environment with resources spread across the globe. One day is usually not exactly the same as the next, so being flexible and nimble will be a huge benefit. If you recognize yourself in the description above, we are convinced you’ll love being part of our team.
- Build and scale high performance backend systems, primarily using the Python programming language and modern ecosystem
- Troubleshoot issues in and improve functionality of existing systems
- Integrate user-facing elements developed by mobile and web teams
- Work with 3rd party data sources and APIs (systems integration)
- Embed security and data protection
- Actively collaborate with a cross-functional team working with product owners, UI/UX designers, other backend developers, app developers, and QA at various stages of the development process
- Develop appropriate tests to support code and ensure test automation and code quality and security
- Conduct unit testing on your code and conduct code reviews.
- Based on the project needs and end goals, proactively suggest improvements to architecture and technologies for maximizing development efficiency
- Mentor and coach other backend developers within the team
- You will also be expected to keep your skills up to date by following advancements in the field and researching new and innovative technologies and techniques
Qualification & Experience Requirements
- Proven experience in software development with several years (3+) of hands-on Python coding.
- Solid knowledge of Python web frameworks (e.g. Flask, Django, FastAPI)
- In-depth knowledge of modern software design patterns
- Ability to design elegant and efficient JSON REST APIs for given use cases (using OpenAPI standard and toolchain)
- Good understanding of (and significant experience in) concurrent and parallel computing, asynchronicity, distributed computing patterns and principles
- Solid knowledge of common algorithms, data structures, OOP (patterns and specific python implementations)
- Understanding of CI/CD development practice and tools, experience writing Integration and Unit tests in Python
- Combination of good coding skills, end to end thinking, and problem solving approach and track record of standalone delivering bigger chunks of work
- Good knowledge of Agile principles and experience with some popular issue tracking tool (for example Jira)
- Ability to communicate effectively to a variety of audiences including both technical and non-technical stakeholders
What’s on Offer:
- The opportunity to work on a truly unique offering, a first-in-market product as well as providing bespoke solutions to an elite client base
- Join a growing company with massive potential for development opportunities
- We use the best technology and equipment and frequently update these to stay at an advantage
- Competitive salary and great benefits package!
- An exceptional, truly global culture – we invest in our employee’s personal and professional development, we’re incredibly passionate about what we’re building and we go the extra mile to support our colleagues and customers
- Our people are at the heart of our company, and we like to have fun whilst we work, everyone is keen to help out.
- You will have lots of travel opportunities!