At Snowfall, we’re on a mission to disrupt the travel industry.
We’re a global travel tech business with an exceptional network and unparalleled industry knowledge. We work with industry giants in aviation, marine and ground transport to produce bespoke, innovative software solutions as well as developing our own market leading products. We’ve recently launched Junction, a revolutionary travel platform that will change the way people travel for good. Junction is a multimodal travel ecosystem that removes complexity, provides greater control and offers more choice to travellers and suppliers.
We’re fast-paced, high-growth and pride ourselves on an incredible culture that transcends to our employees all over the globe. We’re building a world-class team to continue our growth journey; we’re looking for people who challenge the status quo and are passionate about making an impact.
About the role:
We’re going to change the way people travel for good. In order to do this, we need to build a team of exceptional people who share our innovative, disruptive mindset, and that’s exactly what we’ve done so far. Our software development team is made up of industry experts who are currently building things that were previously seen as impossible.
We’re recruiting for an Engineering Manager to pioneer our next phase of growth. This role will be responsible for managing, growing and shaping our engineering team across the globe, as well as being a hands-on ‘techie’ working on our solutions and products.
We are looking for someone with experience leading a development team in a high-growth, fast-paced environment. No two days will be the same, we’re looking for someone with an agile approach and solutions-focused mindset who can think outside the box to solve complex problems.
Tech stack: Cloud-native (primarily on AWS), Python with Asyncio, Golang, OpenAPI, gRPC, Svelte, native mobile (iOS and Android)
What you will do:
· Providing guidance and leadership to senior developers, coaching and mentoring junior developers
· Work with the senior management team to provide and progress on technical roadmap
· Ensuring continuous deployment and delivery practices are embedded and maintained
· Work with People team to plan for growth, assist with interview and selection process
· Establish and maintain strong relationships and communicate effectively about business and technical topics to a wide variety of internal and external audiences
What we’re looking for:
· Experience of developing teams to deliver high quality output, delivering within expected and agreed timeframes
· Specialist in software delivery, with experience and knowledge of delivering through multidisciplinary team
· Track record of leading teams and demonstrable leadership qualities, such as delegation and coaching for appropriate outcomes
· Product delivery leadership experience of full-stack teams building complex digital platforms
· Experience developing people via goal setting, career plans and cultivating an environment of continuous improvement
· Solid software development experience in a continuous integration and delivery environment, ideally within AWS cloud services
What's on offer:
· The opportunity to work on a truly unique offering, a first-in-market product as well as providing bespoke solutions to an elite client base
· We use the best technology and equipment and frequently update these to stay at an advantage
· Competitive salary and great benefits package
· An exceptional, international culture – we invest in our employee’s personal and professional development, we’re incredibly passionate about what we’re building and we go the extra mile to support our colleagues and customers