At Snowfall, we’re on a mission to disrupt the travel industry.
We’re a global travel tech SaaS organisation with an exceptional network and unparalleled industry knowledge. We work with industry giants in aviation, marine and ground transport to produce bespoke, innovative software solutions as well as developing our own market leading products.
Our success stems from placing our customers at the heart of everything we do, being able to solve complex problems and evolving to stay ahead of the curve.
We’re fast-paced, high-growth and pride ourselves on an incredible culture that transcends to our employees all over the globe. We’re building a world-class team to continue our growth journey; we’re looking for people who challenge the status quo and are passionate about making an impact both as an individual and together as a business.
About this opportunity:
Due to continued success and expansion, we are building out our Travel Operations team. As part of the Travel Operations team, you will have both internal and external stakeholders.
The Travel Operations Team acts as Snowfall’s internal travel agency – and we do travel a lot! The Travel Operations team also supports our external B2B customers with booking requests and hands-on booking support. We recently launched a new revolutionary travel platform – where our B2B customers can book and service multimodal tickets from the complete travel ecosystem. When doing so there is a strong and continuous need for booking and servicing support.
You will be part of a new and growing team. Support is needed 24/7 on a global scale and hence the team will be split across different geographical locations, with some weekend working required. We use Zendesk as our ticketing system allowing for both email, phone and chat support.
While we grow, we will use a combination of GDS booking tools and direct bookings and our suppliers sites.
What you will do:
As a Travel Operations Specialist, you respond and support both internal and external customers.
You support all Snowfall team members with their internal travel arrangements. At Snowfall, we travel a lot across the globe, with sometimes rather complex travel plans and schedules and short notice. Travels can span from airline tickets to train, rental cars, hotels and other travel related arrangements.
You will also support our external B2B customers - TMC, travel agents, OTAs and similar - using our new revolutionary travel platform with booking and servicing of tickets purchased through our platform.
As a Travel Operations Specialist, you will be responsible for and owning internal and external tickets until the ticket is solved – which might mean until a ticket is booked, serviced or similar. Regardless is an internal or external customer, great service mindset and 24/7 is of vital importance.
The Travel Operations Team works closely with our Customer Operations team to ongoing support our B2B customers, and is positioned under our Company COO.
- Research, arrange ans service appropriate travel and accommodation for Snowfall employees and customers – book flights, trains, car rentals, accommodation and coordinate associated activities
- Work with the Travel Operations team to create and monitor travel policies and procedures specific to various regions
- Ensure compliance with different relevant travel policies, procedures, Visas, medical, insurance and legal forms and support our internal stakeholders while traveling
- Establish and maintain relationships with vendors and suppliers of car rentals, hotels, and airlines
- Assist with any travel-related queries and issues
- Suggest improvement and innovation in travel programs
- Collate travel expenses for reporting purposes
- General business coordination support
- Drive efficiencies and optimize procedures where possible
What we're looking for:
- +5 years’ experience in booking and servicing international travel arrangements
- Experience of working in GDS essential; preferably Amadeus and/or Sabre
- Experience of airline bookings, fare rules and cancelation policies
- Hands-on experience of visitor Visa policies and international travel regulations
- Flexibility is key; due to the fast-paced nature of the business, there will be a requirement to make travel arrangements outside of working hours and make quick changes
- Strong interpersonal and internal/external communication skills
- Versatile with the ability to use critical thinking to solve problems and take decisions