At Snowfall, we’re on a mission to disrupt the travel industry.
We’re a global travel tech business with an exceptional network and unparalleled industry knowledge. We work with industry giants in aviation, marine and ground transport to produce bespoke, innovative software solutions as well as developing our own market leading product - Junction.
Junction is a next generation B2B travel platform that delivers a multimodal travel ecosystem. By unifying a wide range of travel services, enhancements and offers, Junction delivers a next generation customer experience. We introduce a new marketplace for the industry where content personalisation, convenience and flexibility are just one click away.
We’re fast-paced, high-growth and pride ourselves on an incredible culture that transcends to our employees all over the globe. We’re building a world-class team to continue our growth journey; we’re looking for people who challenge the status quo and are passionate about making an impact.
About the role
- Build and scale high performance backend systems, primarily using Python programming language and ecosystem
- Troubleshoot issues in and improve functionality of existing systems
- Integrate user-facing elements developed by mobile and web teams. Work with 3rd party data sources and APIs (systems integration)
- Embed security and data protection
- Actively collaborate with a cross-functional team working with product owners, UI/UX designers, backend developers, app developers and QA at various stages of the development process
- Develop appropriate tests to support code and ensure test automation and code quality and security
- Conduct unit testing on your code and conduct code reviews
- Based on the project needs and end goals, proactively suggest improvements to architecture and technologies for maximising development efficiency
- You will also be expected to keep your skills up to date by following advancements in the field and researching new and innovative technologies and techniques
What we're looking for:
- Solid knowledge of Python web frameworks (Flask, Django, FastAPI or such)
- In-depth knowledge of modern software design patterns
- Ability to design elegant and efficient JSON REST APIs for given use cases (using OpenAPI standard and toolchain)
- Solid knowledge of common algorithms, data structures, OOP (patterns and specific python implementations)
- Understanding of CI/CD development practice and tools, experience writing Integration and Unit tests in Python
- Good knowledge of Agile principles and experience with some popular issue tracking tool (for example Jira)
- Ability to communicate effectively to a variety of audiences including both technical and non-technical stakeholders
What’s on offer:
- The opportunity to work on a truly unique offering, a first-in-market product as well as providing bespoke solutions to an elite client base
- We use the best technology and equipment and frequently update these to stay at an advantage
- An exceptional, international culture – we invest in our employee’s personal and professional development, we’re incredibly passionate about what we’re building and we go the extra mile to support our colleagues and customers