At Snowfall, we’re on a mission to disrupt the travel industry.
We’re a global travel tech organisation with an exceptional network and unparalleled industry knowledge. We work with industry giants in aviation, marine and ground transport to produce bespoke, innovative software solutions as well as developing our own market leading products. Our success derives from placing our customers at the heart of everything we do, being able to solve complex problems and constantly evolving to stay ahead of the curve.
We’re fast-paced, high-growth and pride ourselves on an incredible culture that transcends to our employees all over the globe. We’re building a world-class team to continue our growth journey; we’re looking for people who challenge the status quo and are passionate about making an impact.
About the role:
We are looking for a Senior QA Engineer to develop and execute exploratory and automated tests to ensure product quality. You will be part of one of our cross-functional teams, working on existing and new products, where you will be made responsible for ensuring timely, relevant, and meaningful feedback throughout the software development lifecycle.
You will cover both iOS and Android applications, plus the backend providing the APIs towards mobile clients. Therefore, it is preferred if you have experience with both manual (functional) and automated (UI/API/load) testing of frontend (mobile/web) features or microservices functionality.
As we are on our growth journey, we are looking for a Senior QA Engineer who has some experience within coaching and mentoring team members, leading the testing capabilities and who is looking to progress into a lead role, working towards setting up and driving the testing capabilities across the company.
- As the role develops you will be responsible for managing, leading, coordinating and developing the QA department as we grow
- You will drive the technical standards, QA efforts, documentation and output quality of the department
- Prepare test cases as per functional specification (user stories definitions), to make sure acceptance criteria is satisfied and all edge cases covered, and to serve as part of "definition of done" for user stories
- Analyse bugs and errors found during test execution
- Continuously look for ways to improve CI pipelines with more automated tests coverage
- Document results of test runs and share with development team
- Recommend improvements in software to enhance user experience
- Motivate the development process for efficiency and performance
- Conduct pre-release/post-implementation testing
- Operational troubleshooting
- To lead and develop ways of working, processes, routines and approaches of the QA department while remaining fast, flexible and agile
What we're looking for:
- Proven experience in software development and testing, within both functional and automated.
- Demonstrable experience with automated testing framework or tool for frontend (selenium or appium or cucumber or similar) and at least one for API (for example postman/newman)
- Experience with version control systems (DVCS - git) and CI/CD tools (preferably Gitlab)
- Understanding of Java, Python or Golang
- Great team player and able to work efficiently with minimal supervision
- Proven experience coaching and mentoring team members and demonstrable leadership qualities
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
What’s on offer:
- The opportunity to work on a truly unique offering, a first-in-market product as well as providing bespoke solutions to an elite client base
- Join a growing company with massive potential for development opportunities
- We use the best technology and equipment and frequently update these to stay at an advantage
- An exceptional, truly global culture – we invest in our employee’s personal and professional development, we’re incredibly passionate about what we’re building and we go the extra mile to support our colleagues and customers
- Our people are at the heart of our company, and we like to have fun whilst we work, everyone is keen to help out